Statement of Student Rights
Before you enrol at LCC, you should be aware of your rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to be treated fairly and respectfully by LCC.
You have the right to a student enrolment contract that includes the following information:
- amount of tuition and any additional fees for your program
- refund policy
- if your program includes a work experience, the requirements to participate in the work experience and the geographic area where it will be provided
- whether the program was approved by PTIB, or does not require approval.
Make sure you read the contract before signing. LCC will provide you with a signed copy.
You have the right to make a claim to PTIB for a tuition refund if:
- LCC ceased to hold a PTIB certificate before you completed an approved program
- you were misled about a significant aspect of your approved program.
You must file the claim within one year of completing, being dismissed or withdrawing from your program.
For more information about PTIB and how to be an informed student, go to: http://www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/students/be-an-informed-student.