Coop Accordion Placeholder

Where is the school located?

You are very welcome to visit our office at 333 Terminal Avenue, room 601, in Vancouver. We are pleased to help you in person or on the phone at 604-684-2325. We can help you in English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Our office hours are Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:00am to 5:00pm; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00am to 7:00pm; and Fridays, 9:00am to 4:00pm.   

What kind of ESL courses can I take?

LCC has a variety of full-time or part-time ESL courses for students from beginner to advanced levels. Our full-time courses run four or five days per week depending on the course you choose. Or you can study part-time in the morning (9:30 am to 12 pm, Monday to Thursday), afternoon (12:30 to 3:00 pm or 4 to 6 pm, Monday to Thursday), or evening (6:30 to 8:55 pm on Tuesday and Thursday). 

When do classes start?

Classes start every week.

I have a visitor visa. Can I study at LCC?

With a visitor visa, you can study at LCC for up to 6 months. If you would like to study for more than 6 months, please consider one of our full-time English programs. You will need to apply for a study permit for programs over 6 months in duration.

How can I find out my English level?

You can take our free online English test.

We have classes for all levels from beginner to advanced. You must be at least a CLB level 4 to join the Co-op program.

What is a Co-op program? Are there different programs in Co-op?

A Co-op or vocational program will allow you to study and work. You can choose from programs of 48 weeks (24 weeks study, 24 weeks work) up to 112 weeks (56 weeks study, 56 weeks work). We have different streams: marketing, communication, tourism, international business management, and leadership in our Co-op programs.

Also, you are very welcome to come to our office in person or call us at 604-684-2325 and talk to one of our Program Assistants. Our office hours are Monday and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; and Fri: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m

What courses do I need to take to get a study permit or a study and work permit?

For ESL, you should take a course over 6 months in duration. International students who want to register for a program longer than 6 months will need a study permit.

Co-op programs require a study permit with work conditions, so you will need to have a valid study permit and apply for a co-op work permit.