DLI #O19279658882

ISSofBC Main Site

General Eligibility

You must:

  • Be 17+ years old. If a student in any program is under the age of 19, a parent or adult guardian must sign their contract.
  • Meet Canadian visa requirements.
  • Have valid medical insurance.
  • Provide of English Proficiency. Before registering for a course, students will need to provide proof of English proficiency. This can be done by providing a valid IELTS, TOEFL, CLBPT or CELPIP score or by taking LCC’s English Assessment.  Returning students need to be assessed again if they have been taking classes for more than one year.

Eligibility for Specific Programs

Comprehensive English

Our General English classes are available to students at all levels, from beginner to advanced. Many special focus ESL courses are available to ESL students at the upper beginner level (CLB 2) or above.


The Intensive English and Test Preparation courses require an English level of Intermediate (CLB 4) or above, as does the Business Diploma program (BDP). All other diploma programs require upper intermediate (CLB 5) or above. The TESOL Diploma program also requires a Writing assessment before registration. Practicums are available to TESOL program graduates who finish with 85% or above.

To register in a Co-op Diploma Program, you must have an English level of at least CLB 5 (if you finished ESL courses more than 1 year before registering, you will be retested). By the start of the work experience component, you must also:

  • be a minimum of 19 years old
  • have successfully completed the study component
  • have a Canadian Study Permit and Co-op Work Permit OR a Working Holiday Visa
  • have a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • have medical insurance coverage until the end of your co-op (this is very important).

If a student does not meet the minimum admission requirements of a course, the student cannot register in that course. These requirements cannot be waived. Most of the time, registrars can suggest an alternative course which the student is qualified to take.


Tuition can be paid in cash, by debit card (bank card), traveler’s cheque, VISA or MasterCard, bank draft or bank transfer in Canadian funds. Upon full payment, an official receipt copy of the contract will be given to the student, with the amount paid, the name of the course(s), start and end dates of the course(s), and class times. The refund policy is included on the contract or receipt. Any registration and assessment fees are non-refundable. Seats are held on a first-come, first-served basis. Seats will not be held for students unless tuition fees are paid in full.

International students here for a long period of study may request to pay by installments. Usually no less than 50% of the total tuition is required as an initial payment upon registration. The rest of the tuition must be paid according to the schedule set by the registrar.

Letters of Acceptance and Course Schedule Changes

A letter of acceptance is provided for students applying for a study permit or co-op work permit. If students need to change their course schedule after the letter is issued, there will be a service charge.

Changes before starting your program

If you must postpone your start date, here are the fees:

2 weeks’ notice or more $50
less than 2 weeks’ notice $100
  • Changes can only be made if there is a seat available in the requested course (we recommend asking 4 weeks ahead).
  • You will receive a new letter of acceptance, if needed.
  • Make-up classes will not be provided for students starting their courses late.

Changes after starting your program

1st change fee $100
2nd change fee $150
3rd change fee $200
4th change fee $300
  • Changes can only be made if there is a seat available in the requested course (we recommend asking 4 weeks ahead).
  • If you are in a co-op program and want to change your diploma course, you must fill out a change request form and have it signed by both instructors.
  • Some changes may require additional tuition fees.
  • You must provide a reason for the change, and it must be due to circumstances which you cannot control.
  • You cannot transfer your classes to another person.
  • Please contact the LCC office for more details.

ISS Language and Career College of BC (LCC) is designated by the Private Training Institutions Branch and operates in conformity with the Private Training Act and Bylaws.

Under section 61 of the Private Training Act, the Registrar is authorized to collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the Registrar’s regulatory duties under that Act. Accordingly, this institution is authorized to disclose my personal information to the Registrar for regulatory purposes. I consent to the sharing, in accordance with applicable Provincial privacy legislation, of my enrolment and reporting information between ISS Language and Career College of BC and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada , as necessary, for the purposes of the International Student Program.

Stay Connected - LCC is OPEN online!

Meet people from around the world, and make friends online.

LCC teachers are ready to help you continue your studies.

 E. info@lcc.issbc.org     P. 604-684-2325