Important New Up-Dates on Entering Canada
Under new requirements for air travel that take effect February 22, 2021, when a student arrives in Canada, they must take a COVID-19 test before leaving the airport and spend 3 days in quarantine at a federal government-authorized hotel.
The Government of Canada has published its list of authorized hotels for COVID-19 mandatory hotel quarantine. Hotels can be booked by phone only, by calling 1-800-294-8253. For more information and to view hotel list, click here.
With a clear Covid-19 test result, the student can proceed to the quarantine site identified in their quarantine plan. Ten-days into their quarantine, the student will use a take-home test provided at their arrival in Canada. A further clear result is required before leaving quarantine at 14 days.
More information is available from the Government of Canada:
- Entering Canada by air during COVID-19
- Entering Canada by land during COVID-19
- Additional testing and more stringent quarantine requirements for travel to Canada
- Travel restrictions in Canada – Visitors, foreign workers and students
- Orders in Council related to the Quarantine Act