Guidelines for Students
Your safety is the most important thing to keep in mind. There will be a gradual return to in-person instruction, and you have a choice of attending lessons either in person or online.
- The guidelines below are aligned with
- the current orders of the Office of the Provincial Health Officer,
- the Covid-19 Return to Campus Primer published by BC Post-Secondary Institutions with the support of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training, as well as
- the ISSofBC and LCC Covid-19 Safety Plans and Communicable Disease Prevention Plan.
These guidelines will be updated as new information becomes available.
Some students may feel worried about returning to in-person instruction after 18 months of remote learning. We wish to assure everyone that we are following the current guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all our students, teachers and staff. Therefore, to accommodate a gradual return to in-person instruction, you have a choice of attending lessons either in person or online.
- Before attending in-person classes, all students must fill out an In-person Health Assessment form.
- New ESL students who register for in-person classes will get this form from LCC, and must return it to the office before attending classes.
- Students currently enrolled in online ESL and vocational courses will be invited to attend in-person classes by their teachers. Please, do not come to class in person if you haven’t received an invitation from your teacher. Your teacher will ask you to fill out the In-Person Health Assessment form. Please return the completed, signed form to your teacher before attending in-person classes.
- Whether you attend in person or online, your teacher will
- email you the materials and an invitation to join the lessons on Microsoft Teams
- take attendance every day, and
- require you to participate and hand in all work/assignments.
- All students, teachers, staff and visitors are required to wear masks in classrooms and in all indoor areas including the offices, hallways, washrooms and elevators.
- All students, teachers, staff and visitors are required to do a Daily health assessment.
Please answer the following four questions before leaving home every day.
- Do I have any new symptoms (cough, sore throat, fever)?
- Have I travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Have I or any member of my household been asked to self-isolate?
- To the best of my knowledge, have I or any member of my household been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case?
If your answer to any of the questions above is “yes”, please stay home. You can still join the lessons online.
If you come in person:
- In the Classrooms:
- Choose a seat in the classroom and use the same seat every day.
- Please wash your hands regularly and cough/sneeze into your elbow.
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your class is scheduled to start.
- Leave the school immediately after your classes, unless you need to speak to a staff member.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the elevators and the lobby. High touch areas such as desks, chairs and door handles will be cleaned daily.
- In the Student lounge:
- The student lounge will be open for students to use the microwaves and the water cooler only. Don’t eat your lunch there.
- Full-time students can eat lunch at their desk in their afternoon classroom. Part-time students are asked to have lunch off-site.
- Please do not gather with other people in the student lounge.
- In the Washrooms:
- Please ask your teacher for the codes to the washrooms.
- Please wash your hands after using the washroom and dry your hands using the paper towels provided.
- The washrooms are checked and cleaned twice a day: at 1:15 pm and in the evening after the afternoon classes are finished.
- Computer lab, printers, photocopiers
- The computer lab is closed until further notice. You can bring your own laptop if you wish.
- There is no access to printers or photocopiers for students.
- In the LCC Offices (601 + 603):
- To avoid crowding in the offices at break times and before and after classes, please call us at 604-684-2325 and ask for the person you wish to speak with, or make an appointment to see them.
- Please do not enter an office if you see the staff member is already assisting someone else. Wait in the hallway for your turn.