Surrounded by mountains, ocean, rain forests, and beautiful parks, Vancouver is one of the most livable cities in the world. It is well-known for its friendly and welcoming citizens and clean and safe streets. With hiking, biking, kayaking, rock-climbing and skiing nearby, it’s a great place for those who enjoy the outdoors.
Restaurants, Events, and Social Life in Vancouver:
Places to Visit:
For a great list of top-rated things to do in Vancouver check out Trip Advisor:
- Arts and culture thrive in Vancouver, with theaters, galleries, museums, and music venues showcasing local and international talent every day of the week.
- Stanley Park is located minutes from the centre of downtown Vancouver. The park is famous for its lush green trees, quiet lagoons, diverse wildlife, and rich culture.
- The Vancouver Aquarium is near the centre of the park, home to 70,000 animals including whales, 300 species of fish, and 21 species of birds.
- You can also find rich individual culture in Vancouver’s smaller neighborhoods such as Gastown, Little Italy on Commercial Drive, Chinatown, Kitsilano, and Davie Village.
- There are many nearby places to visit such as the world famous ski resort Whistler Blackcomb.
- Vancouver Island is a short ferry ride away, and you can visit Victoria, the capital of British Columbia. The Island has a diverse environment with rainforests, beaches, rivers, lakes, and some of the best whale watching in the world. Visitors can also go fishing from the Ucluelet Peninsula and see the world famous surf in Tofino.