Surrounded by mountains, ocean, rainforests, and beautiful parks, Vancouver is one of the most liveable cities in the world. It is well-known for its friendly and welcoming citizens and clean and safe streets. With hiking, biking, kayaking, rock-climbing and skiing nearby, it’s a great place for those who enjoy the outdoors.
Restaurants, Events, and Social Life in Vancouver:
- Meet up with other people – If you’re looking for friends, or want to practice speaking English – there are lots of meetup groups in Vancouver. For international students there is even a conversational English group.
- Events – Find out what’s happening in Vancouver: www.tourismvancouver.com/
- Eat and drink –Yelp.com is a great website to find out about local restaurants, bars and shops. www.yelp.ca/vancouver
Places to Visit:
For a great list of top-rated things to do in Vancouver check out Trip Advisor: http://bit.ly/cSsdrY
- Arts and culture thrive in Vancouver, with theatres, galleries, museums, and music venues showcasing local and international talent every day of the week.
- Stanley Park is located minutes from the centre of downtown Vancouver. The park is famous for its lush green trees, quiet lagoons, diverse wildlife, and rich culture.
- The Vancouver Aquarium is near the centre of the park, home to 70,000 animals including whales, 300 species of fish, and 21 species of birds.
- You can also find rich individual culture in Vancouver’s smaller neighbourhoods such as Gastown, Little Italy on Commercial Drive, Chinatown, Kitsilano, and Davie Village.
- There are many nearby places to visit such as the world famous ski resort Whistler Blackcomb.
- Vancouver Island is a short ferry ride away, and you can visit Victoria, the capital of British Columbia. The Island has a diverse environment with rainforests, beaches, rivers, lakes, and some of the best whale watching in the world. Visitors can also go fishing from the Ucluelet Peninsula and see the world famous surf in Tofino.