Why complete a Career Co-op Program at LCC?
- Flexibility – choose your schedule and find a program topic that interests you. LCC’s co-op students are able to customize the length of their program.
- Low tuition fees – compared to similar co-op programs LCC offers very affordable options to students.
- Gain Canadian work experience – our co-op students find work in a variety of fields across Canada.
- Learn practical job-related skills – the study component will provide students with essential job related skills that will help them excel in the Canadian work force.
- Free job support services and post-graduate tutorials – unlike other schools, LCC offers free job support services to our co-op students.
How LCC’s Career Co-op Program Works:
- Choose your Program & Apply– Choose one or two career diploma programs from the options below and combine them with other courses to create a full-time schedule.
- Study Component – Students complete their co-op courses and elective courses. Many students are eligible to work up to 20 hours a week while they are studying.
- Work Component – After completing their study component students begin their work component.
- Attend a Post-Work Tutorial – Review your strengths and weaknesses as an employee and formulate your future career plans.
Here are some answers to Frequently Asked Questions about our Co-op Programs.
Career Co-op Diploma Options
- Professional Communication and Marketing
- International Business Management Skills
- Global Tourism
- Leadership Preparation
- Business Diploma Program + Professional Communication and Marketing
- Business Diploma Program + International Business Management Skills
- Business Diploma Program + Global Tourism
- Business Diploma Program + Leadership Preparation
- Marketing and Management – Professional Communication and Marketing + International Business Management Skills
- Management & Tourism – International Business Management Skills + Global Tourism
- Marketing & Tourism – Professional Communication and Marketing + Global Tourism
- Business Diploma Program + Professional Communication and Marketing + International Business Management Skills
- Business Diploma Program + International Business Management Skills + Global Tourism
- Business Diploma Program + Professional Communication and Marketing + Global Tourism
Career Co-op Eligibility Requirements
Career Co-op Diploma Program Students must:
- Be 19+ years old or have evidence of high school graduation.
- Have an English competency level of at least CLB 5 (upper intermediate).
- If you finished an ESL courses more than 1 year before registering in a co-op program your English competency will be retested.
By the start of the co-op work component, students must:
- Be 19+ years old.
- Have successfully completed the co-op study component.
- Have a Canadian Study Permit and Co-op Work Permit OR a Working Holiday Visa.
- Have a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Have valid medical insurance coverage.
If you don’t have an English resume or any work experience, register in the Business Diploma program first, to prepare for the career options in your Co-op program.
Please note that our TESOL Diploma (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) can be an elective course within a Co-op Program, but not the main Co-op diploma option. Successful TESOL graduates may qualify for a practicum with a sponsor teacher in LCC’s ESL classes.
Career Co-op Overview:
During their study component students complete the required coursework for their selected career co-op program. In addition, students complete elective coursework which will help them improve their English language skills and competencies. For more detailed information regarding course topics and themes please see each individual diploma program page.
During their work component students can work up to the same number of hours they studied during their study component. Students are encouraged to work in a job related to their co-op program. To assist students in their job hunting, LCC offers free job support services to help our co-op students find work.
Click here for more information about our free Career Co-op Orientation and Interview and Resume Consultations.
What our career co-op students say about LCC…
What co-op employers say about LCC students…
“It is truly our pleasure helping out LCC students with their co-op program because over 10 years ago I was a student just like them. My wish here is to do my best to help out all good students who have potential to study hard and have a dream about their future after graduation.” – Vancouver business owner.
“It has been wonderful having so many LCC students work with us.” -Vancouver clothing retailer.