Help your new immigrant hires boost their skills and confidence with our affordable, flexible and customized workplace training. Help your managers support their diverse workforce.
Our training courses and workshops can be delivered at your workplace or at our location in Metro Vancouver.
Immigrant employees come with skills, enthusiasm and energy which can help Canadian businesses flourish. However, immigrant employees are often under-utilized and their talents may be wasted. They may need:
- Improved English listening, pronunciation, reading or writing skills
- Canadian “soft skills”, as these skills differ across cultures
- workplace keyboarding and software skills
As new employees improve their communication skills, English-speaking managers also need to:
- Adapt their listening and speaking skills so as to avoid mixed signals and improve productivity
- Adapt the company’s written manuals to avoid unnecessary misunderstandings with new employees
Contact us to arrange training for your employees.
Have this information ready:
- how many employees and/or managers need training
- what their English or skill needs are (we can supply Canadian Language Benchmark testing)
- if you need workplace-specific customized courses
- any critical timelines
- your budget (as ISSofBC is a nonprofit organization, we only need to cover costs and overhead)
If your employees need to improve their English levels, plan between 150 and 300 hours of class to rise one Canadian Language Benchmark level.
Short workshops (3-4 hours) are available covering topics such as diversity training, specific soft skills and communication challenges, and management communication training.
There may be government funding available for training immigrant employees. Check with ISSofBC's Employer Solutions for more information.