Q: What is LCC doing to ensure the safety of their students and staff?

A: As we begin to offer increased in-person services, the safety and well-being of our students, clients and staff is our number one priority. Please review the following safety information and contact us if you have any questions.

The following safety measures have been put in place:

  • Limiting the number of people in rooms
  • Screening all students and clients entering the building
  • Preventing the use of shared equipment
  • Increasing cleaning and sanitization
  • Practicing social distancing and providing clear markers and signage
    For more details, please refer to the following documents and resources. 

Appointment Request Form

In-person Class Health Information Form

LCC is a division of the Immigrant Services Society of BC (ISSofBC).  ISSofBC is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all staff, clients and visitors at our facilities as the world recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.  

ISSofBC's Return-to-Workplace Safety Plan 

LCC COVID-19 Safety Plan and Protocols (PDF)

Last updated on December 30th, 2020

Q: What is happening with classes?

A: At this time, we are proud to offer both in-person and online options to our students while maintaining a safe learning environment for all.

Right now, LCC is offering in-person General English classes (morning and afternoon) and Academic English Classes (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM). 

More Information

Q: I am scheduled to start classes in the future. Can I still come to Canada to study?

A: Starting from October 20th, 2020, ISS Language and Career College can to reopen to international students who are not currently in Canada and who have, or have been approved for, a study permit are travelling to Canada for a non-discretionary or non-optional purpose

Due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions, international students must have a clear understanding of the laws and regulations of the Government of Canada and BC government. Students must have a quarantine plan and be prepared for a 14 day self-isolation upon arrival in Canada.

Effective January 7, 2021, at 12:01 a.m, all air passengers five years of age or older will be required to test negative for COVID-19 before travelling from another country into Canada. 

Documentation of a negative laboratory test result must be presented to the airline prior to boarding a flight to Canada. The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test and must be taken within 72 hours prior to the traveller’s scheduled departure to Canada.

Anyone who receives a negative test result and is authorized to enter Canada must still complete the full, mandatory 14-day quarantine

Students who receive their visa(s) must register with the Study Safe Corridor-TRAVEL SAFE as it offers a safe way to travel and quarantine in Canada.

Languages Canada Study Safe Corridor.

Health requirements for travellers to Canada

To travel to Canada, you must

Students who receive a study permit and plan to enter Canada must contact us to receive further instructions and documents which must be signed and submitted before travelling to Canada during COVID-19.

Q: Will there be any processing delays in my visa applications (study or work permit) during COVID-19?

A: You can check the current processing times to find out how long it will take to process your application. If you will remain in Canada during this time, always plan ahead and be sure to submit your application before your status expires.

Co-op Questions

Q: I cannot come to Canada to start my Co-op program. Should I postpone the start of my program?

A: Your in-class courses have been moved to an online-only format because of COVID-19 so you may begin your classes while outside of Canada and complete up to 50% of your program if you cannot travel to Canada sooner.

Q: I've been laid off, but I want to stay in Canada until the pandemic is over.  Will I be in trouble with my co-op program?  

A: If you have any concerns about completing your co-op requirements, please contact Emily Weel at

Q: Can I apply for Employment Insurance if I am laid off?

A: Please review the Government of Canada's guidelines below:

Individuals may be entitled to Employment Insurance (EI) regular benefits if they:

  • were employed in insurable employment.
  • lost their job through no fault of their own.
  • have been without work and without pay for at least seven consecutive days in the last 52 weeks.
  • have worked for the required number of insurable employment hours in the last 52 weeks or since the start of your last EI claim, whichever is shorter.
  • are ready, willing and capable of working each day.
  • are actively looking for work (you must keep a written record of employers you contact, including when you contacted them).

If you have been laid off, your employer will give you a record of employment (ROE). If you are eligible for EI, you will need this ROE for your EI application if you cannot find other work.

Employment Insurance Information

Q: What is the Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)

A: The Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB) gives income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are directly affected by COVID-19 and are not entitled to Employment Insurance (EI) benefits. The CRB is administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

If you are eligible for the CRB, you can receive $1,000 ($900 after taxes withheld) for a 2-week period.

If your situation continues past 2 weeks, you will need to apply again. You may apply up to a total of 13 eligibility periods (26 weeks) between September 27, 2020 and September 25, 2021.

Check CRB eligibility



Q: Is there any emotional support services available for students during this time?

We recognize students may be affected by the anxiety and uncertainty created by the COVID-19 outbreak . Please see below for resources that can help support students with their mental and physical health needs.

WE Wellbeing
Wellness Together Canada
SOGI 123

Wellness Together CanadaThe WE Well-being Initiative |

Here2Talk Logo
Vancouver School Board


Q: Where can I get more information?

A: We encourage students to look at credible and trustworthy sources.

A: Make sure your contact information is up to date. Ensure that the email you provided the school is correct as this will be one of the main ways we contact students.

Q: Where do I go if I have a question not covered in the FAQs?

A: Please contact us or call us at 604-684-2325

Do you require assistance in your first language?

Telephone: 778-372-5835

Telephone: 778-372-5832


Telephone: 778-372-5833

Telephone: 778-372-5836

Telephone: 778-372-5837