The Leadership Preparation Diploma Program is designed to introduce concepts and develop skills needed to be a future leader. LPD enables students to develop strong decision-making and organisational skills, and to clarify goals and lead a team in achieving them. Students are required to do independent activities, graded assignments and/or exams for each course; each student will work on individual as well as group projects.
- LPD 100 – Modern Leadership Styles
- LPD 101 – Effective Decision Making
- LPD 102 – Collaboration and Team-Building
- LPD 103 – Global Communication Styles
- LPD 104 – Managing Change
- LPD 105 – Organizational Psychology
- LPD 106 – Dealing with Difficult People
- LPD 107 – Mentoring and Training
Career Co-op Option
This program can be taken as a part of a Career Co-op Program.
If you take this program as part of a co-op program, you will take all 24 weeks of the diploma program plus additional elective courses. Upon successful completion of the co-op study component students are eligible to enter the co-op work component.
For more details, please contact a LCC registrar.
If you take the diploma option you can study for 8, 16 or 24 weeks. Students who successfully meet all the requirements for this program will receive a diploma of completion.
Career Co-op Diploma Program Students must:
- Be 19+ years old or have evidence of high school graduation.
- Have an English competency level of at least CLB 5 (upper intermediate).
- Meet all other general eligibility requirements. *See all programs requirements.
- If you finished an ESL courses more than 1 year before registering in a co-op program your English competency will be retested.
By the start of the co-op work component, students must:
- Be 19+ years old.
- Have successfully completed the co-op study component.
- Have a Canadian Study Permit and Co-op Work Permit OR a Working Holiday Visa.
- Have a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Have valid medical insurance coverage.
Be able to articulate leadership goals and preferred styles
Have increased ability to make good business decisions
Recognize common problems within teams and have strategies for solving them
Be effective in communicating up and down a hierarchy
Learn strategies for supporting a team through times of change and crises
Understand motivational principles, and provide mentoring and training
- The Leadership Preparation Diploma program begins every Monday.
- Students must achieve success in all 8 topics areas to receive a diploma.
- Those who take 16 or 24 weeks will receive more in-depth coverage of each topic. Students are required to complete independent activities, graded assignments and/or exams each week.