DLI #O19279658882

ISSofBC Main Site



How is LCC different from other private schools?

What makes us truly unique is that we are a division of the not-for-profit organization ISSofBC. Our organization helps immigrants establish their lives in Canada. At LCC, we provide affordable classes to Immigrants and International Students.

Do you offer home-stay or housing?

No, at this time we do not provide home-stay or other housing accommodations. However, there are many ways to search for an apartment in Vancouver—from websites to notice boards.

Before you begin your search, make sure you how to avoid scams.


(These sites/groups are provided as a resource to students. LCC does not endorse these sites or their rental listings.)

Home-stay information

For temporary places to stay there are hotels and hostels in Vancouver – check out Trip Advisor to see what’s available.

The sites listed above are only some of the many options for housing in Vancouver.

Can I write any official examinations at your school?

Yes, we are licensed to administer the Canadian Language Benchmark Placement test (CLBPT) . Please contact our office for more information or to schedule an assessment.

Should I study full-time or part-time?

  • If you want to improve your English quickly, full-time is a good option. The more you practice and “live in English”, the more fluent you will become.
  • If you are applying for a visa or study permit, it can be an advantage to be enrolled full-time. Choose one of our full-time ESL packages  or a Co-op Program.

I live outside Canada. How do I register?

  1. Find out if you need a Visitor Visa or a Study Permit
  2. Take our English assessment test (online if you are not in Vancouver)
  3. Register online by visiting our Registration Page
  4. Pay your tuition and fees.
  5. After payment, we will issue an Letter of Acceptance (to use for your visa or permit application)
  6. Apply for your visa and let us know if there are any changes to your application.

For more information please see: https://lcc.issbc.org/register 

Do you offer refunds?

Yes, we offer refunds. Please refer to our refund policy for more information.

Note that registration fees are non-refundable.

How do I pay?

Outside of Canada

The easiest way to pay if you are outside of Canada is to register online and pay by VISA or Mastercard. You can also pay by Bank Draft (wire transfer), for an extra $45 fee and a 1 week processing time.*

In Vancouver

If you are in Vancouver, you can visit our office and pay in cash, by debit card (bank card), VISA or MasterCard. Upon full payment, an official receipt will be issued indicating the amount paid, the name of the course(s), start and end date of the course(s), and class times.

Do I have to pay my whole fee at one time?

For our full-time ESL Programs and Co-op programs, we offer the option to pay in installments.

Please contact our registration team for more information.

Can I register for my friend or family member?

Yes, you can. Register online or in person and pay the tuition fee on behalf of your friend or family member.

Please note, proof of English proficiency must be provided upon registration.

How Do I Know My English Level?

To be sure of your English level, you can take an online assessment. If you are in Vancouver, we can also give you a language assessment when you visit our office.

After I register for my English classes, can I move up to the next level?

Yes, it is possible to move up to the next level. You should first discuss your progress with your instructor, who can suggest the best course option for you.

Can I postpone my classes?

Yes, you can postpone your classes if you need to (for example if your Visa is delayed). You will pay a fee depending on how much notice you give LCC before your classes start.

Can I change my schedule after I start classes?

Yes, we allow schedule changes, if space is available in the new courses you choose. We charge fees for changes depending on how many changes you make (there are no fees if you need to move up or down a level).

Do you have University Pathways options?

We are partnered with some Canadian universities and colleges. If you successfully complete our Intensive English or Academic English courses, you can register in selected programs at these institutions without needing to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.

Do you have student activities outside class time?

Yes!  See our Activities Page.

Do I need Medical Insurance in Canada?

Yes! Your health and well-being are very important. Without health insurance, you could pay thousands of dollars per day for a hospital stay or even be refused certain health services. You should have insurance for the entire duration of your time in Canada.

The Medical Services Plan of British Columbia (MSP)  

Unlike other provinces in Canada, British Columbia allows students holding a study permit to apply for the provincial health plan (MSP).

Anyone who stays in Canada for over six months – including international students – is legally required to apply for MSP when they arrive and to maintain coverage throughout their period of residence in BC. For more information, see Are you Eligible? on the MSP website.

British Columbia’s Medical Services Plan (MSP) is a provincial public health care program that provides basic coverage to residents of BC. For a general overview, see the Medical Services Plan brochure or visit the MSP for BC Residents.

LCC can support students by providing information about BC MSP, but students are responsible for managing their own MSP account and complying with MSP regulations. For any questions or information requests regarding your personal MSP account, you must contact the MSP office directly.

MSP is only one of the many options for medical insurance Vancouver.




Meet people from around the world, and make friends online. LCC teachers are ready to help you continue your studies.

 E. info@lcc.issbc.org     P. 604-684-2325